Circle of Security
At times all parents feel lost or without a clue about what our child might need from us. Imagine what it might feel like if you could make sense of what your child was asking from you. The Circle of Security® Parenting™ program is based on decades of research about how secure parent-child relationships can be supported and strengthened.
Using the COSP™ model developed by the Circle of Security originators, our trained Facilitators work with parents and caregivers to help them to:
- Understand their child’s emotional world by learning to read emotional needs
- Support their child’s ability to manage emotions successfully
- Enhance the development of their child’s self-esteem
- Honor the innate wisdom and desire for their child to be secure
Restorative Parenting by author Dave Mathews helps family members develop and maintain healthy, respectful parent-child relationships. Restorative Parenting is particularly focused on having a process to reset, rebuild and strengthen parent-child relationships in light of the child(ren)’s experience of high stress, trauma, and violence in the family.
Restorative Parenting is a parenting curriculum particularly focused on a process to reset, rebuild, and strengthen parent-child relationships considering the child(ren)’s experience of high stress, trauma, and violence in the family.
The four cornerstones of Restorative Parenting Practices are:
- Responsibility for Behaviors and Feelings
- Accountability to Those Affected by One’s Behaviors
- Respectful Response Tools
Each of the activities, tools, and strategies presented in this curriculum are directly connected to these four cornerstones.
If you or a family member has experienced high stress, trauma, or violence in the home, this parenting class can help you heal, learn to apply new skills, and restore your relationship with your children.