Home and Community Based Waiver Services
FAMILY TRAINING AND COUNSELING SERVICES
Training for a person to:
- Develop self-advocacy skills
- Exercise civil rights
- Acquire skills that enable the person to exercise control and responsibility over the supports the person receives.
Training for a person and/or their family to:
- Apply person-centered principles and create person centered descriptions
- Learn and implement techniques and strategies to support the person
- Learn about treatment regimens
Counseling from a qualified provider for a person and/or family member in areas such as:
- Communication techniques
- Conflict management
- Positive support strategies
- Coping strategies
- Family roles
- Problem solving
Family Training and Counseling Services can help support individuals and families to learn new skills to remain in their community and prevent the need for more intensive services.
Our providers have experience in supporting individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Mental Illness, FASD, and other Neurological Disorders.
If you want to know if Family Training and Counseling is the right choice for you, please contact us to discuss service options.
Additional hours available upon request
Main Street Family Services
400 Jackson Avenue, Suite 101
Elk River, MN 55330